A lifelong writer and a serial entrepreneur, Jessica started her career at the New York Times. Her first solo enterprise, Jessica Dee Communications, a marketing and communications company, grew to be the sixteenth largest in the country when she sold it to the then largest advertising agency in the U.S., Chiat/Day. She served as CEO for an additional two years, leaving in 1989 to found her second venture, Foreign Management Company, a real estate consultancy and brokerage firm catering to investors. Her clients have included governments, banks, funds, real estate developers from Manhattan to Moscow, as well as many corporations, trusts and colorful “fiction-fodder” individuals.
Jessica published numerous feature articles in magazines ranging including regular columns for both Restaurant Hospitality and The Cornell Quarterly. In addition, she has published many newspaper articles in the New York Times, Hartford Courant, Real Estate Weekly, the Hersham Acorn newspaper chain, and others. She has been the subject of several feature stories and profiles in publications ranging from the Fairfield County Business Journal to the New York Times, the New York Daily News, the New York Post, Entrepreneur, the Palm Beach Post, and Glamour. She has been featured in two books—The Confidence Factor by Judith Briles and Whiz Kids by Marilyn Machlowitz.
Jessica now devotes her time to writing.
Personal and Professional Affiliations:
- Member of the Board of Directors, Stamford Symphony
- Winner of 2000 IBM MLDP Award for Demonstration of Best Leadership Competencies
- Member, International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
- Member, PR Task Force, American Association of Publishers (2003-2004)
- Columbia Business School, Executive MBA Program Faculty/Lecturer (2002)
- The Conference Board, Corporate Image Conference 2002
- Speaker, The Global Brand Leadership Council 2001
- Speaker, “Young Leader” – Selected by the American Council on Germany to represent the United States at an international conference on leadership issues
- Selected by American Express for its Small Business Partnership Program
- Central Park Conservancy – Women’s Committee Board Member
- San Diego Museum of Natural History – Board Member